† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Straitjacket, anyone?

So I get this email from a friend. She's sent a document published by Last Trumpet Ministries http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/

Yikes... what a whack job this guy is.

He rambles on and on about how The Chronicles of Narnia is a secret wiccan handbook and how it's movie release was timed with some wiccan ritual.
He says that Promise Keepers is a secret Masonic project... and he has proof too!
He goes on to say that the Passion of the Christ movie was contrived of the devil as well.

Let's see... oh... He's mad at the pastor of Saddleback church because they have concert-style worship services. And the book A Purpose Driven Life... don't get me started.
A direct quote from his webpage says this:

Here are a few more things that Rick Warren has to say. Page 63: “The moment you were born into the world, God was there as an unseen witness, smiling at your birth.” How about Hitler and Stalin, Mr. Warren?

So put simply, this guy is saying that God should have hated Hitler & Stalin from the time they were born.
God loves us all… equally. Regardless of what we do with our lives, His love is ever-present.
Am I saying that God was pleased with Hitler & Stalin's actions? Of course not.
No more than I am pleased with my boys when they are bad, but I still love them.

In the simple truth of of sin, is what Hitler & Stalin did any different than if I cheat on my wife? Or cheat on my taxes? Or hate my brother? Or hate my enemy?

Nope. If sin is sin, then they are no different.

Wow... I just realized something. This guy is the Nooma video's Bullhorn guy.
Rob Bell said it perfectly... the problem with Bullhorn guy is that he and I get painted with the same paintbrush.

So this is me... officially distancing myself from last trumpet ministries' nutjob #1.
( freakshow ) <-----1000 miles---------> ( me )

Can you tell I'm tired of people screaming about God's judgment and thinking that His love is reserved for the fancy pants religious-types that believe exactly like they do?
It's as if they're saying, "God loves me and mine... one day, everyone else will get what they deserve... eternal punishment".

I finally understand why Jesus called us sheep. He calls us sheep because we're stupid, scared little animals that will follow the crowd at the drop of a hat.

Baa baa dumb sheep... have you any brains?
No sir, no sir... I'm on the crazy train.


Should we love God or fear Hell??? I say let's love God instead. It's kooky. It just might work!

End of rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home