† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Is this my life?


Quick phone pic of the cats playing. I'm glad Calvin has a playmate, but I'm a little jealous. He spends all his time with Trinity now.
Oh well, I guess you can't have it both ways.

I just got back from watching King Kong with the family. Heather went with us. She's a lot of fun. It was a good movie. Sad, but good.

So my moment of clarity comes to me while I'm sitting at the table with Pam. I was just eating some triscuits & squeezie cheeze (or whatever it's called) and I look around and tell Pam, "This is our house". She smiles at me and takes a drink of her Pepsi.

I truly wonder why God has chosen to bless us as He has. We have a wonderful house, good jobs, and two wonderful boys... People always tell us how well behaved they are.
I don't think I deserve a life like the one I have.

Please don't misunderstand me... no bragging or boasting here. Everything I have comes from God and God alone. If I had to depend on my own abilities or talents, I'd be sitting on a curb trying to charm a meal out of someone.
I wouldn't have my wife (there went the boys too)
I wouldn't have my job (there went everything else... house, cars, etc)

God is so good. I mean, He'd be good regardless of what I owned or didn't own.
But He's just pretty cool.

Stark contrast time...

I got a call from a friend today... He said his father died today. It broke my heart to hear him. He's so hurt over it. I gave him what comfort and wisdom I could. Pam and I even prayed wit h him and his wife. But I really need to really really pray for him. I'm very proud of what a good man he's become. I try to offer wisdom whenver he calls, but this time, I don't know. It didn't seem to fit.
Some times, you can't offer wisdom or counsel . Some times you just have to sit quietly with someone and cry with them. I think that's what Jesus would do. In a dark time in someone's life, Jesus would probably just sit beside them, put his arm around them, and just be there.
That's what I'd want anyway.
I wouldn't need someone telling me it was gonna be okay. I know it's gonna be okay. I just need someone to be there while I'm sad. Someone to cry with me. Someone to laugh with me. Someone to be with me.

That's the Jesus I love.

But hey... what do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home