† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Took the weekend off.

From blogging anyway.
Had a very long Saturday, but got a lot accomplished.
Sunday went well. I feel bad for raising my voice early on Sunday. We were trying to find a piece of equipment that would either make or break the entire audio/visual program and I asked for help, but many people seemed to ignore my requests for help.

Official apology for those who were in fact listening. I apologize if you thought I was yelling at you. I wasn't yelling at you. I was yelling at the knuckleheads who were ignoring me.
Fortunately, we found a way to rig it all up and it went well.

The videos and music were great. Pretty funny stuff yesterday. I got to have an "interview" with Cousin Bubba. I haven't seen him in a while. He showed us a trailer of his new movie.
I must say, I love my church. I also love hearing Pastor Chuck talk to new folks about our vision. What I love more than that is watching them respond to it, and the new experience that is New Faith Christian Fellowship.
To be honest, I've never heard anyone come in and say, "Ooh, this isn't for me".
I would accept it if I heard it, but I've just not heard it yet.

I also want to apologize to my youth group, †in His grip, for my last blog entry. The more I think about it the more I think it wasn't fair. These are just my random thoughts, but maybe I should be more responsible with my thoughts.

Naah. I'm a nutjob. Anything I say cannot be legally held against me.

Maybe I'm just being impatient with them. Maybe I expect too much. It just bothers me because I see the potential for so much, and also see the desire to become more than "just another teenager" or even worse, "just another religious person".

They really are the best youth group I've ever had the privilege of working with. I still remember my first youth group... what a nightmare. I was 23 and so unprepared.
Four youth groups and 13 years later and I think I'm finally getting the hang of this.

Well, the boys are off to school and I get to go to Starbucks with my baby. We're gonna go sit down and read our books (she's reading the whole Narnia series and I'm reading Blue Like Jazz).
Then we'll go shopping.

No schedule, no deadlines... aah so nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home