† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

What's in a mood?

Why is it that when someone says they’re in a bad mood, everyone is supposed to excuse their rancid behavior?
Where is that written in the rule book?  I’m not thinking about anyone in particular, but it’s just one of those things that’s been on my mind lately.  I’ve heard a lot about moods in my day-to-day life lately and it got me thinking about the subject.

I mean, if I’m having a bad day… cat bites me, I get yelled at by my boss, or I crash a million-dollar network, what does that have to do with anyone else?  Why should they placate me by walking on eggshells or excusing my nasty attitude?

They shouldn’t because that’s just dumb.

If anything, when we’re in a bad mood, we should take extra care not to transfer our attitude onto other people… not demand that they bow down our scarred psyche’s every whim.  Think about how incredibly selfish that is.  Our friends and family, who care about us greatly, deserve better from us.

I’m not saying we can’t have a bad day, but what I am saying is that we shouldn’t think that the world revolves around us, no matter what kind of day we’re having.

Word to the wise, if you’re having a bad day or you’re depressed or in a bad mood, don’t expect me to excuse your behavior.  If you’re being a wank, expect to be called out for it.
I care about you, so I’ll do it as lovingly as possible, but you’ll still get a firm hand from the brown guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home