† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia...

Was so good!
We went with some friends from the neighborhood.  I could tell we appreciated the biblical parallels more than they did.  They enjoyed the movie, but were not in awe of the not-so-obvious similarities between it and the biblical account of Jesus as we were.
I hope we’ll be able to talk to them about it more.  I need some time to realize the depth of this story, but the more I ponder this movie, the more of the story of Jesus I see.
Don’t worry; I won’t spoil the movie for you.  But rest assured… you will not be disappointed if you go to see it.

Okay… one thing.  The two girls depicted Mary and Martha.  If you are on top of your bible reading, you’ll understand me.

I wonder if the fawn was a hint at John the Baptist.

Suave’ Mike got his Admirals jersey today.  A few families pitched in and bought it for him.  I must say, I wasn’t expecting him to respond to the gift like he did.  He was almost in tears.  I think the card kind of gave it away.  It said, “Dreams do come true”.
Once he read it, he immediately tore into the box.  The frog in his throat keyed me into his feelings.  To be honest, I would have paid double just to see the look on his face.

I’m glad he likes it.  He’s a good friend.
Well, it’s 11pm and I’m tired.  I have to get up early tomorrow, so TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home