† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! My feet!!!

Just got back from practice. My feet are aching. Practice went well. A lot of good ideas were exercised & we made it through two new songs. I really think the band is starting to come together. Imagine... it only took two years. That's about on par for any non-pro band I'd think.

So I wonder if we're doing what Pastor Chuck said and taking this whole church thing too cautiously.
The root word for "Halleliujah" is Hebrew... it's Halal.
It's meaning is long, but it also includes, "act foolishly or clamorously" like David did when he stripped off his Kingly robes and danced before God. Kings are supposed to be dignified, but David had other plans when it came to God. I guess David had enough of dignity and wanted to show God that all the kingly robes meant nothing before the King of Kings.

I really got into music tonight. I usually try to stay a little reserved so I can help maintain the rhythm of the music & when to come in, etc... but tonight was a little different. Once everyone got the song, we really started zoning in. Not zoning out, but zoning in. We all seemed to focus on the important thing. The focus of the music... not the music itself.

Maybe it was just me.

Either way, I had a blast. I just hope that everyone else enjoys the songs like we did.

Here's a link to a killer song by Todd Agnew:
http://www.buzzplant.com/toddagnew/ecard/
I subscribe to Todd's website and he sent me this ecard. I know he didn't send it just to me, but still. He sent it to me too.
Here's a few lyrics:

You know when I wake, when I rise, when I pray,when I curse You
and You love me the same
And You know when I stumble and fall,
and You're there through it all
The only unchanging one


So this song describes how I'm feeling about my relationship with God right now.
Give it a listen and take the time to really hear what Todd's saying. I'm digging it.

Well, off to bed. I have to go into the office tomorrow... ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home