† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Running Sucks

I started running again.  Since the odometer on my treadmill is busted, I can’t tell how far.  However, I was able to tell one thing.
Running sucks.
When I was in the Marine Corps, I ran all the time.  It was like breathing.  We’d run for miles in the morning, then if we were bored during lunch, we’d run some more.
Of course, I was 10 years younger and about 20 pounds lighter.  I’d like to get back down to 190.  I guess that means I have to actually run longer than 30 minutes at a time.

Recently purchased DVDs:
  • Friends Season 10

  • Madagascar

  • Stealth

So I still can’t remember what “amazing truth” Mike and I came up with.  That sucks too.  I really thought that it was something too.
I’m reading a book by Donald Miller called Searching for God knows what.  To be honest, the first 30 pages didn’t really blow my skirt up.  However, it’s really starting to pick up.  Really neat points he makes.  Maybe I’ll post some thoughts from it later.

Practice went really well.  Erik has switched to a crunchier electric guitar sound.  Everyone seems to like it.  Mike has really pushed his bass playing.  It’s louder, more on time, and he’s throwing his own style into it.  I’m pretty proud of him.  He couldn’t play bass or keep a beat when he first started a couple years ago.  He’s now picking up on exactly when to come in and what & how to play.  Good going Suave’.

Well, now here’s a mindless blog entry.  Oh well.  I promise more exciting reads later.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger New Faith said...

    I agree, Mike you are busting about the new moves and sound. Way to go! I liked it with Eric cranked up. He has a great sound I want to hear more. Oh yeah, Ven, you're a'ight too! When you're finished with the book by Miller.. well just tell me about it. I'm trying to get through all the books I've picked up over the past month. Later...Chuck

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home