† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Day Off

Saturday!!!
I just got a call from an old pastor of mine.  I haven’t heard from this guy in years and he calls at 8am this morning.  It was good to hear from him.  I got to share my views on ministry with him.  He was always open to doing things differently; still, I think I spooked him a little.
Saw Chicken Little last night.  I had a headache from laughing so hard.
My wife is reading some critics’ reviews right now.  I really dislike critics.  They want a movie to “mean something” or “make an impact”… I want to be entertained.  I was.

Since we own about 500 DVDs, I consider my wife and myself to be quite the movie aficionados.  I can’t wait for this one to be available for purchase.  It ran the gambit of a little guy making the best of a bad situation, then working hard for his dad’s approval, but then finally dad realizing his son’s pain and seeking “closure”.  All the while, general wackiness and mayhem are rampant.  Throw in a disco singing pig and you’re got a great movie.  I want to go see it again!

Anyhoo, I didn’t mean to go off on a movie critique, but hey… it’s my blog.  I’ll type what I want. (
I’m gonna go get some coffee & help Jodi now.  Seeya!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now I want to see the movie.
    Even though I'm broker than a joke.
    THANKKKKSSS VEN.
    Yeah, yesterday was a great day.
    I went to Princess Anne's homecoming game with Allen.
    It was great most of the time.
    But I found something out & after that I was all.. shocked.
    But nice page.
    & I'm going to bring my camera to Youth Group from now on to take pictures.
    & I'll send them to you.
    Take care.


    -Ashleigh

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger kc page said...

    What's up Ven? Admit it, you want to be like me. ;) Just start eating more and hightlighting your hair to give that salt-n-pepper look. You'll be on your way in no time.

    Just thought I'd let you know, I'm blogging on "Blogger" now as well. I like the look of it better than Xanga.

    Well, take care. Tell Pam and the boys hello for me.

    kc

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home