† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Friday, November 04, 2005

WOW

What a diff several hours of sleep makes! I still don’t feel like working, but that never changes. I have to re-post some work I did last week. During the review, they found some errors. (whups)
I had a blast last night with the teens. We watched a nooma video called “Bullhorn”. It’s about how the loud, obnoxious, judgmental people that yell hellfire and brimstone, but call themselves “Christian”, make it harder for the rest of us just trying to make it in this world and just show God’s love.
Rob Bell said something really neat. To paraphrase, he said, in the eyes of those around us, the bullhorn guy and me get painted with the same paintbrush.
What a shame that the message of Christ got so screwed up that we forgot it is three simple words… God loves you.

  • No but’s.
  • No if’s.
  • No conditions.
Just the fact that He loves you.
Of course there’s more, but that all comes in time. Just let God love you and love Him back. The rest will come. I promise.

Yet, I digress… I was talking about how much fun I had last night at †in His grip.
Everyone was relaxed on couches and bean bags, lying on the floor. But the neat thing was this… They were really listening and learning and giving their own opinions. They are quickly growing into a group that really doesn’t need me to teach them. That’s very exciting. Not to be rid of them, but for them to see they don’t need me to teach them. They’re starting to draw their own conclusions based on scriptures and experience. Two very good teachers.

Pam started a new group, called, “†in His grip Jr.” for ages 9-12. She let them choose the name. They’re a lot smarter than people give them credit for. She said they had a blast and so did she. Now they want their own website. I can pull that off for them. Well, it’s 9:04am and I need coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home