† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday

Bored at home (work)…
The boys just got home from school. Josh is asking to play a video game. I guess its okay. Calvin (cat) is mad at me. I caught him jumping the fence again. I really don’t feel like finishing work because my neck hurts.

I just finished a complex network configuration (nerd alert!) so I can call it quits for the day.

I came across an epiphany last night. God is going to use me to minister
  • Whether I’m ready or not.

  • Whether I’m prepared or not.

  • Whether I’m willing or not.
It’s interesting how He chooses the time and date, not me. I’m sure it’s got something to do with Him being in control and NOT me. I’m okay with that. It’s nice to know I don’t have to have it all figured out. I just have to help when He says to help.
I just finished reading a book called, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. It has shaken my theology to its core. The things I used to hold fast to have become mindless doctrine that I’ve decided to shake loose. I love Rob’s take on God, scripture, and life. Amazingly enough, as I’ve “matured”, spiritually speaking, my views have become more fluid rather than becoming more solid. I think this is one of the things Jesus was doing when He came to hang out with us 2000+ years ago. He wanted us to know that we had boxed in what He wanted to be free. He wanted us to know that we had tried to humanize something that is superhuman. I guess that’s what we do best. We put things in a perspective that we can grasp and control instead of letting God be in control and do what He does best. But hey… that’s just my opinion.

If you’d like a taste of how Rob thinks, go to http://www.nooma.com/ and view the clips of his videos. I’ve bought four of them so far and plan on picking up the rest very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home