† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Desperately Seeking Therapy

Sitting at my desk (as usual) and just had an epiphany. I need serious psychological help.
Pam thinks it's funny that I can't stand the mom (Marie) on "Everybody Loves Raymond". I get physically uncomfortable watching that show when she's in it. I couldn't figure out why until I realized that she reminds me of how I felt around my mom as a kid. Let's just say they would have been best friends.
I then started thinking about how I felt while watching "Chicken Little" with the kids recently.
Without spoiling the movie, let's just say Chicken Little has serious acceptance issues stemming from his father's lack of fatherly support.
Same feeling. I was very angry at the animated father. On several occasions, I caught myself thinking, "how could you do that to your own son?"
I had to remind myself, "Not only is this just a movie, Chicken Little's dad is a chicken... an animated chicken at that.

Oy vey... what's wrong with me?

So I seriously screwed up at work last night. A simple typo caused a network outage to about 400 people in New York. Yay me. Surprisingly, nobody got mad. To be honest, I'm shocked.
I am so ready for today to be over. Tomorrow, I think I'm just going to sit around and edit video all day.

That'd be nice. Just sitting... in front of a... PC.
Crap... that's what I do every day. I need a new job.

Is anybody reading this? Hello? is this thing on?
I guess it doesn't matter if people read this. What's important is that I'm half-crazy.
Quick!!! Somebody call the guys in white coats. There's a crazy man in my house!!!
Get me a straight jacket!!

I think the only thing that keeps me half-sane is that I don't have the attention span for a prolonged episode of insanity.
Is that a good thing? I hope so.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are not crazy! Do I sound convincing?!
    Amy Z:)

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger kc page said...

    9 out of 10 voices in my head say you're not nuts...the other one? I never liked him anyway.

    kc

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home