† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday's over!!!

I spent most of the day with a friend. His name is Jesus. Another friend named "Cowboy Mike" came by this morning and we went and had lunch with Maggie. Since Maggie is in the 4th grade, we got a few strange looks from her teachers. I'm sure people thought Cowboy Mike and I were a couple. I had to chuckle a little. Maggie's mom emailed me and said she got called about Maggie's two uncles that look nothing alike.
Another chuckle escaped my lips.
After we returned from lunch, we talked about leadership, relationships, marriage, work... anything that came up. The neat thing is that Jesus was at the core of each conversation.
Mike sees me as a mentor. That's a huge responsibility that I do not take lightly. If I say it's true, Mike believes me. It's that simple to him.
I wish it were always that simple with me and God.
I know His word is true, but sometimes, my fleshd wants to negotiate the meaning of His word so it suits my needs. That is sooo not right. My flesh is definitely warring against God. My heart must remain true to Him in order to keep me straight.

I think I'll have Chinese food tonight. Fat Albert is on TV.
I don't know why that's important, but it just popped into my head.

Mike and I came across a very startling truth today. I just wish I could remember what it was.
Maybe I'll remember it and post it on my blog.
I wish I knew about blogging a few years ago. It would have saved me lots of money on therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home