† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday funny Sunday

What a day!!! I love my church. It's filled with misfits, weirdos, and not-good-enoughs.
That's just the staff. Don't even get me started on the people that sit in the dark facing the stage.
JaNonda did a cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time". I love that song.
(But don't tell anybody.)
My buddy Cowboy Mike came back in. I was not expecting his arrival for some time.
I was also not expecting to be affected by his return so much. I felt a little selfish hugging him for as long as I did. There were people lined up to hug him and say they missed him. Part of me didn't care. I was just glad my friend was home.
Pastor Chuck had a great message. The nugget I walked away with was that my children will respond more to the values I teach them rather than the rules I enforce.
Pastor Chuck's alright. I'm glad I met someone like him. He's always encouraged me to not run with the pack. His inability to play by the rules will definitely hinder him from advancing within the "ranks" of the organized church world, but I seriously doubt he wants that anyway.
If there were ever a person I looked up to, it's him. I wish I could win the lotto so we could build a really cool non-standard church and hire him on as a full-time Pastor. This two-job thing is really wearing him down. If you're reading this, don't forget to pray for Pastor Chuck. He does more than people realize and he gets tired. I couldn't keep up his pace. I'm starting to become concerned that he can't either. That keeps me up at night sometimes.

Speaking of staying up at night, I think I'm going to start up my boxer workout again. I'm feeling a little run down lately. That usually means I need more exercise. The extra exercise helps me sleep at night.

I wonder if people think me a fool sometimes.
Just thinking out loud I guess. Maybe they do because I don't take many things seriously. The only things I take seriously are my family, God, and serving Him through ministry. Everything else is a very distant 2nd. How pathetic is that? I don't take my job seriously. I really can't. Any job that you can do in your underwear can't be that serious.
I sound like a stripper. Let me re-iterate. Any job where you can wake up, take ten steps, and then sit down can't be taken too seriously.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Kerri said...

    Hi, I just happened upon your blog and thought I'd tell you how much I enjoyed it. God Bless. I'll probably be back. :o)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home