† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What a great day!!!

Neat picture huh? I did it years ago using Photoshop 5, but never put it to use. I figured, "Hhey, I've got a blog, why not post it there & see if people like it".

Well, do ya?

Use the picture if you like, I only ask that you don't call it your own.

The Celtic cross design was just a neat design. The cross itself is wooden, covered by gold, but the gold is chipping away. That's supposed to have some sort of significance about "when all is stripped away, the cross remains" or something like that.

The draped cloth is a throwback to my more ultra-religious days. I think some pastor told me that purple was a royal color or something like that.
The part I like the most is the crown of thorns hung up. It's an, "I'm coming back" thing.

Somebody in California won the MegaMillions lotto. 315 Million. Wow. What I would do with that kind of cash. I dream about it all the time. Is that wrong? My friend and Pastor once told me to be careful not to tell my dreams to just anyone. So you don't get to hear them. No offense, but I don't know who is reading this. I don't want someone discouraging my dreams.

Some days, dreams are all you have. I saw a movie called, "Father of the Bride" with Steve Martin. He had a very interesting line... He said, "My whole life is 'have to' ". I know a lot of people can feel that way. To be honest, I feel that way sometimes. I feel like I've dug a hole of responsibility and duty and I can't get out. However, I remember there was this guy one time. He had a responsibility to pay off a debt... my debt. He did it willingly. The least I can do is return the favor by doing what I can to help those around me. Yeah, you guessed it. The guy is Jesus. I know I keep going back to Him, but I can't help it. Every time I think about Him I feel closer to Him.

So I spent about 30 minutes in Starbucks this morning... Just sitting in a comfy chair, drinking egg-nogg latte', and reading my book. It was a very calming time for me. I'm gonna have to do that more often.
I think later on I'll post something about how I think Jesus views us as people. I've stumbled across some interesting information and I'd like to share it with you. Stay tuned!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home