† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Had a nightmare last night...

So here’s how it went.  We’re in what looks like a school, but I know it’s our church.  Someone has censored all of our relevant-based materials and has actually created stickers to cover up certain words in the bible that support our stance against ultra-religion & mindless traditions.  All of the staff was locked in rooms, but for some reason, I managed to sneak out and no one saw me.  All of the people that took over the school/church were people I have, in the past years, considered hypocritical and ultra-religious.  The part that was weird was that Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies was there.  Yes, I saw the Goblet of Fire… shame on me… blah blah blah.  It’s just a movie, get over yourself.  It was pretty good movie, but man was it looong.
Anyhoo, I managed to escape, avoid capture, and even managed to get into the choir as a guitar player.  Once the church was filled to capacity, I started yelling that this is not how it’s supposed to be and that they’re holding everyone hostage.  The whole while, I’m still playing the guitar and adjusting sound equipment & cables.  The songs they were singing were all hymnal-based. (Personally, I feel that singing from hymnals is like having needles stuck in my eyes)  So I kept yelling that they’re keeping us captive.  The “pastor”, somebody who looks familiar, but is apparently pure eeeviiil, comes out and starts his sermon.  I then take advantage of the fact that everyone is too preoccupied with the eeeviiil pastor’s message to notice me, so I then run around freeing all of the captives.

Then I wake up.

Is there a therapist in the house???

Well, it’s 7:46 on Sunday morning.  I need to get a shower & get ready for church.  See you later!  
By the way, I bought Velvet Elvis on CD.  I’m looking forward to hearing the book in Rob Bell’s own voice.  I know I read it already, but I’m planning on reading/listening to this one at least once a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home