† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Finished my book!!!

I write terrible poetry.  Did I mention that?  My poetry consists of mindless lover-dribble and post-separation anxiety blues.  It’s the kind of stuff you’d read in an American Idol reject’s manifesto for life.
Not sure where that came from, but hey.  I’m starting to censor my blog entries.  I’m not quite sure that’s a good idea.  The whole idea behind this blog was for an open-forum journey into my mind.  
Heather just came over.  We all watched the movie Stealth.  It was pretty good.  Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you.
So Thanksgiving is upon us once again.  It’s a time to give thanks in the tradition of our American ancestors.  Unfortunately, I can’t find any Indian villages to pillage.
Whups… did I say that out loud?
I walk a precarious line because I live in America, but I shudder to think how America came to be the nation it is.  It’s not fair… I know.  But this is my blog and these are my thoughts.  Don’t like them?  Go here.
I finished reading Searching for God Knows What.  I really enjoyed it.  It filled my mind with visions of how Christianity should be.  To be honest, over the past few months, I’ve developed an aversion to Moral Majority-speak and 700Club-ese.  Anyone who decides to use Christianity as a platform to launch their own agendas “for the good of the country” does NOT have an ear with me.  In fact, it may be hard for me to keep my lunch down around them.  I’ve found that most Christians don’t really want to show God’s love, they want to validate themselves and their religion in the eyes of others.

I only want to show God’s love.  Maybe others should do the same.  The world has seen plenty of God’s judgment via “Christians”.  What about God’s compassion?  When did we forget about that?  What about God’s eternal love?  If we’re created in the image of God, then why don’t we choose to show this facet of God?  I’m glad you asked.  
It’s because we’d rather use Christianity as a platform to show that we’re better than you.
Ugh… I need to go vomit.  Think about this while I’m gone.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my gosh!!! I have made it, I have arrived... I have made the BLOG! Thanks Venjermin, travel home safe guys, see you in the morning.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home