† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, December 05, 2005

On a comfy couch

Listening to Norah Jones. She’s got a very soothing tone.
I think the only male voice I’ve heard that evokes the same mood and emotions in me is Bebo Norman’s Myself When I am Real. I love listening to these two artists. Mind you, I don’t throw the word “Artist” around lightly. I don’t believe everyone that has a CD is an artist.
I mean sheesh… I have a CD. It doesn’t take that much. A buddy of mine has a recording studio and we cut it over a weekend. It’s not great, but it’s mine.

So there.

However, Norah and Bebo are artists.
Anyway, went to lunch w/ my love today. We had TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Ribeye & chicken.
It was goooood.

I’m really enjoying my new book, God’s Blogs. When I read it, I feel like it’s a collection of emails from God addressed directly to me. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that wants to take a few steps closer to God.

Speaking of a few steps closer, check this out… I think there’s an uneasy, unnamed emotion we experience when we’re truly in touch with God. I wish I could tell you what it is, but I’d probably be better off telling you what it’s not.


  • If you feel proud that you’ve arrived - you’ve missed it.

  • If you worry about circumstances around you – you’ve missed it.

  • If you feel threatened when others do things you should be doing – you’ve missed it.

  • If you say, “why God” or “when God” more than, “okay God” – you’ve missed it.
Those are just a few. I think I can sum it up as, “A scary-but-comfortable, weird-but-familiar, and unspeakable-but-shout-it-from-the-mountain-tops feeling”.

I find myself saying, “hey… whatever God… It’s cool with me” more often. My first thoughts race to, “what????” but they quickly subside to, “hey… whatever God… It’s cool with me”.

Gotcha!!! If you were just thinking, "I'm glad you've finally gotten where I am", you're falling victim to pride - and missed it. Sorry, I didn't do that to sucker you into anything... remember... just random thoughts, right?

Have I arrived? Of course not. But I'm on a road that I've never been on before and I like it.

Yeah... I think I like it here. I’m gonna stick around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home