† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Got a new book!

Malcolm Gladwell's Blink wasn't exactly blowing my skirt up. I had to put it down.
I went out to WaldenBooks and found Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz.
I think I'll enjoy it.
Oh yeah... Barnes & Noble and Waldenbooks selection of Christian books sucks.
I guess I'll go to Amazon.com and find the books I want.

So church went well today. Lots of people, good music. I love being there because I love to see smiling faces. Not that everyone's life is perfect, but they're smiling in spite of their problems.

I got to share a message today. I think it went well. People were not staring at the ceiling or talking on their cell phones. I didn't get booed off the stage... so that's a start.
I said something that, I have to say, kind of surprised me.
It was one of those, "Where did that come from?" things.

I said, "When you realize your position in this world, belonging to God, it's not that everything becomes okay, but that you become okay with everything... good or bad".

A part of me just sat back and said, "wait... let me think about that one for a minute".
There's a freedom to realizing our smallness compared to God. I am not in control and I am okay with that. The reason I am okay with it is because I don't have to be in control. I just have to let God be in control... not that I have a say in the matter. I'm just along for the ride.

What a ride it is!!

Well, time to get the boys cleaned up & ready for bed.

l8r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home