† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not for sale...



This is me.
Maybe I'm still on this ranting kick, but I've been reading some blogs lately.
I have to say this... There's something missing from the blogs I've read.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the blog.
My blog is for catharsis as well as communication of my innermost thoughts and inspiration to others.

I've used my blog as an outlet for my emotions as well as a platform from which I attempt to challenge the status quo of religion.

Maybe I'm one of few who use their blog for this purpose.

I guess that's why my blog is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.
(Lousy Forrest Gump impression)

Now I'm speaking to you blogger...
Don't strategize your blogs so people only see the "interesting and witty" side you, we all know that you're not always interesting and witty. Let's be real, k?

  • If you're having a bad day and need to vent, what better place to vent?
  • If you had a whack-job dream and think you need a shrink, hey... post your dream. I'll read it!
  • If you've realized an interesting nugget about God, I'm begging you, post it! I could use it!
  • If you're in dire need to rant and rave about something, rant away... I welcome fiery rhetoric.

What makes a blog boring?
Well, to me, a boring blog is one that lacks wit.
If you're not witty, don't expect me to come back to your blog and keep reading.

In my opinion, the "good" blogs are the ones that have you guessing, "what will I read next?"

Oh yeah, if you can't make a sentence without making a sailor blush, I get a little weary of that too.

Man.. am I pushy or what? I know it's not all about me. But I asked, so I'm answering.
Does that make me MPD?
(Multiple-Personality Disorder)

Well, enough of that. I'm tired.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger New Faith said...

    Oooo...You're such an angry elf aren't you. I get it. Keep going we're all listening.
    Later and enjoy your day.

    Chuck

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home