† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Just sitting around

I really like this picture. It speaks to me of a comfortable solitude.

The only thing it's missing is a killer glassy chest-high wave with a nice right peel.

Just kidding.

I enjoyed a very fulfilling day today. At least I think it was. I got all my work done, had lunch with my buddy Bryan, and took my guitar in to have a pro setup done. I even helped my son finish his project.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't waste your time.

Hmm... Wasting time.
I feel inspiration coming...
How much time do we waste with selfishness?
On my way to work in the morning, I see a homeless lady on the bench. I ask myself what I can do for her. I like the idea of walking over to her and saving her from the hand life has dealt her.
I have to tell you though... I still have this fear. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of, but I'm still afraid. It's the weirdest thing too. At church and church functions, I speak to strangers all the time. Maybe it's because I'm the home team and they're the visitors.
Out in town, it's neutal turf.
And my fears race like wildfire.
Unfortunately, the result of my fear is a lady on a park bench that probably missed another meal.

Selfishness... It sucks.
Lord, help me look past my own selfishness and see the truth.
Don't let people suffer because of my selfishness.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Karly said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Karly said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Karly said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way - the nuetral turf thing. It makes me feel out of control. I should probably be "out of control" with God In control more often. Good post buddy!

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

    GREAT pic. It makes me smile.

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Karly said...

    my blog address now is youknowitsmeatblogger.blogspot.com.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home