† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New New New!!!

I got a new blogger template. What do you think?
I think I'm going to try & make my own one day.
It doesn't look easy, but I may be mistaken.

Pam started her new job yesterday. For the moment, she's working from home. She and her co-worker are working out of the theater room. I set up all the PCs in there so she could do database work.

We also got a new problem. Nothing big. The washing machine sprung a leak last night about 10pm.
We cleaned it up, but couldn't find the source of the leak.
After closer inspection, it turned out that the direct drive pump (chunk of plastic underneath) had one of those plastic bubbles that broke open. It looks like a bubble that was created when the plastic was being molded.
I jammed some waterproof pipe repair epoxy in there & we're gonna see how it goes.

I also got my car back from the shop. 'Cept the speedometer doesn't work now.
I called them up & they said they'd fix it in 3 minutes. I just have to bring it out to them.

Adventures!!!

You know... If it weren't for bad moments, most of us wouldn't have fun stories to tell.
Have you ever noticed that?
The best stories you hear are usually based on someone's harrowing experience.

I guess it's good that we have rough patches in life. They make for funny stories.

Next time you're going through a rough patch, just think to yourself...

"Man... This is gonna be a funny story one day."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Ven, I love stories like that. I just had a similar experience trying to replace a door knob. I know it may sound small to “the handy “people out there but it was really kicking my butt! Then I started to over analyze. How can I raise my girls and run our lives if the door knob wins…So I called my big sis and said “I need a pep talk”. I realized I needed someone holding the back of the door so that I could give the screw some tork. Before you knew it, it was fixed. I felt a little like David slaying that bear. It wasn’t a lion or Goliath but I am preparing….. Next I am going to re-wire a fan, with my father’s help!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home