† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Unfaithful

I was thinking more about my memories.
I don't know why I can't get past this.

I've realized that they're there for a reason, so why not go with it.

I remember my first heartbreak.
Her name was Elizabeth Nelson and I was 16 years old.

We broke up and she started dating my best friend, Fred. They broke up and we started dating again. We're talking young dating, nothing serious (now) but back then, my heart was totally in it.
She and I were walking by his house and she decided to stop in and talk with him "privately". Being foolish, I told her it was fine. I went back to my house and waited for her.
And waited.
And waited.
The next day, my friend Fred shows up to school with a hickey on his neck.
I was devastated. I had no understanding of why they would do this to me.
I can still remember the pain I felt... The betrayal.

For some reason, I thought of this last night and God spoke to me through it and said, "This is how I feel when you're unfaithful to me."

The pain of that betrayal all came back at once. It was as if God wanted me to remember exactly how it feels when you're cheated on.

Now try to imagine how deeply God loves us... So much more than we're ever going to be capable of loving.
When we're unfaithful to God in thought, word, or deed, God's pain must be unbearable.
I don't want to be unfaithful to God. I don't want to repay all his love with betrayal.
I don't want to give God pain in exchange for the joy, peace, and love He's given me.

Lord, you are more faithful than I... Help me stay faithful to you.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this entry is really awesome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home