† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Time for a smile!!!!

It's been quite a while since my last blog.
To those of you who have missed it, I humbly apologize.
I've been in need of a break, so to speak.

Let's get updated.
What's happened since last post?
Let's see...

Pam quit her job at the dentist's office. She's taken a position as office manager for a new endodontic practice.
My best friend in the whole world has returned to Va Beach.
This guy knew me from high school (when I was a bad boy).
We're training for the Rock 'n' Roll half-marathon.
That training, plus a new healthy-eating plan Amy Z has me and Pam on has put me in the shape I was when I was in the Marine Corps. (very cool)

We went to JJ & Kregg's cookout yesterday, had a blast.
Good food, good fun, good friends... what more can I say?

Last night I think I learned the definition of unconditional love.
About a week ago, I was hurt very deeply (more than I think I've ever been hurt ever in my life) by someone very close to me. It brought back all kinds of pain from my childhood.
But last night, I called the person and talked to them. Instead of "letting them have it", I dared to listen. In the process of listening and talking, I ended up helping them through a serious problem. Pam says I may have just saved a marriage. I disagree, I think they saved their own marriage, I just showed them that they have a choice.

Dared to listen...
Hmm. I think I'm going to explore that thought for a while.

Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Listening can be very powerful. I think I know who you're talking about, not that it matters - I see you're trying to make a point.

    Glad you're back. I've missed your blogs. :) Luv, JJ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home