† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Monday, March 13, 2006

A guessing game...

Here's a pic of the boys goofing off in B/K.
I truly cherish moments like that.
Moments when we're together and just having fun.

I think can I spend too much time trying to correct them and showing them how to do the "right" thing, so to speak.

I have to remember that they need to make mistakes and don't have to be perfect.

Just like me!!!
I don't have to be perfect either.

I guess I'm afraid they're not going to live up to MY standards. When did I set standards for my boys?
More than that, when did I set them so high my boys can't live up to them?

Man... this sucks. I'm starting to be one of those dads that are never happy no matter what their sons do.
This is not good. I need to fix myself most riki-tikk.
It's harder to do than to say. I want them to be happy and do well in everything.
I guess you can't always be happy if you're always trying to do well.
I guess you also can't always do well if you're always trying to be happy.

Weird paradox, huh?

One more guess. I guess balance must be the key.
My job must be to help my boys find balance between what they need to do and what they want to do. This way, they'll be happy and successful at the same time.

I wonder if it's too late for us all to follow this advice and find this balance.
I guess we should find out, huh?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think that it is good that your boys have standards set by you and Pam.I actually get a kick out of Pam when she corrects the boys at church. She has a very authoritative voice for a little girl when she needs it. I guess what I am trying to say is it is better that they try to live up to your standards then their friends. You are growing two self confident thinkers. Also, they are fun to be around.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home