† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why oh why?

I've come to realize that some people aren't happy unless they're mad.
Sometimes, you'll run across a person that, well, they're just always mad at someone.
The question in my mind is usually, "Well... I wonder when I'm due to be on the roster of offenders".

Why do we do that?

People try to talk to us and "make amends" for whatever it is that we're mad about, but we still choose to stay offended.
Usually, it's nothing they can control, but we stay upset nonetheless.

Here's a few general rules of thumb for ya:
- If you're upset because of something someone did, or didn't do, and you don't tell them, well, they're not going to know you're mad.
Therefore, they're not affected by your "anger". You're the only one affected.

- If you're upset with someone and you DO tell them, then they say they're sorry & try to make it right, but you still choose to be upset, well... Once again, you're the only one affected.

It's kind of amazing how our emotions work if you think about it. We think we're punishing someone by being upset with them, but we're the one with the elevated stress levels... not them.
We end up being the one isolated.

Hmm... sounds like offense is really counterproductive to our emotional well being.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good stuff Ven, I guess I'll forgive you. Just kidding.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home