† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

If I could just sit with you a while

Listening to a song by Todd Agnew.
Lyrics go like this:

If I could just sit with you a while,
If you could just hold me.
Nothing could touch me,
Tough I'm wounded, though I die.
If I could just sit with you a while,
I need you to hold me.
Moment by moment,
til forever passes by.

This song really speaks to my heart.
You can tell it's a cry of Todd's very soul.

We had "Doubt Day" at New Faith today.
People put all sorts of tough questions on 3x5 cards and turned them in anonymously.
Mind you... these were questions most "self-respecting" Christians wouldn't dare ask in church for fear of looking faithless. I love the fact that our church allows for that kind of free thinking and doesn't just throw mindless dogma all over the place.

Pastor Chuck was in his usual form in answering every one of the questions without judgment or bias. He also managed to provide every answer with scripture and also kept his own self out of the answer.
This showed me his wisdom. He cleverly sidestepped his own opinions and kept focus on what God's word said... not what Pastor Chuck says.

Well done my friend.

Pam is at Heather's house for a girls' night (watching the Oscars or something... no thank you)
Everyone else is finally in bed ('cept me) so I get some peace and quiet.

I guess that's why I like this song so much. It reminds me that I need to just sit quietly with God sometimes. Just sitting with Him allows us to "be still and know that He is God".

This year, I want to find God in more places. I hope to find Him in places most good respectable Christians, so to speak, wouldn't try looking.

I can't wait to see where He turns up.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree once again.
    One of the things that really struck me at church on doubt day was the non-judgemental feeling of the whole event and the sense I got of the whole church coming together and feeling a part of the community. We all applauded when Chuck made statements about acceptance and love of all people. You could really feel the unity there and the big reason why so many of us go to this church.
    -JJ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home