† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just wondering

Have you ever had one of those, "What the heck am I doing" moments?

I think everyone who follows Christ, and is truly honest with themselves, has to say, "yes".

I sometimes look at myself and say, "Am I a fool?".
My answer is obvious, hence my reason for continuing to follow God.

However, I find myself at another crossroads yet again.

I want to accept people as they are, but I also want them to realize that they don't have to stay the way they are. Not for my sake, but for their own.

If I accept people as they are, why do I want to help them change?

Is this a contradiction?

If it isn't, then where do I draw the line? I truly want people to be all God has created them to be.
In order to be all God has created them to be and fulfill their destiny, they must change...
As must I.

I wonder how Jesus did it.
When he hung out with the so-called "scum of the Earth", He was looked down upon by the religious types. However, the people He hung out with saw Christ's love and compassion.
They wanted to be more like Him. When He told them, "Go and sin no more". I have a funny feeling they made a decision in their hearts to do their very best not to let Jesus down.

I'm not likening myself to Christ, but I wonder how I can do that.
How can I be a leader that doesn't judge, but also doesn't let people think I approve of what I see?

That's harder than one may think.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I struggle with this daily at work. Good to know someone else does, too. It's my job to help them improve, but I want them to understand that I don't judge them or think less of them. We all make mistakes and all can improve in one way or another. It's hard to know that I am constantly striving to "be better" and other people seem to "be coasting". I have never understood that mindset because it is not the way I personally operate. Life = Learning... -JJ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home