† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Study in Leadership 3


Let's jump right into the study this morning.
I love this picture. It's a picture that should describe my heart at all times. I didn't say it always does, but it should.
Catalyst worship - worship that affects change. Change in me, change in people around me, change in the community around me and the world in which I live.
Part 3:
Passionate about God
Many people, when asked, will say, "I love God", but what does their heart say?
Let's define passion:
A strong, enthusiastic devotion to a cause, ideal, or goal and tireless diligence in its furtherance.

Wow... now that's passion in a nutshell. But let's get into some detailed practice.

  • It's about the heart of the leader.
    Our hearts need to be in our worship. We can't just go through the motions. If you find yourself going through the motions, you need to stop & find out what's wrong. Again... Ask someone you trust.
  • Personal worship
    Worship can't be a Sunday thing. It has to be a lifestyle. Everything you do can be worship... it just matters where your heart and mind are.
  • Get real
    Don't deny your own feelings to "act" like you think a leader should in an attempt to "fool" even your own self.
  • Be real - Be an authentic follower of Christ... That means admit that you're not a perfect follower of Christ.
  • Allow yourself to be transparent. Let others see your faults as well as your strengths.
  • Don't keep people at a distance. This is just another way to feel elite. Instead, embrace them.
  • Use every opportunity to teach, but don't be the leader that can't relate. This smells like judgment... because it is. When you come across an opportunity to teach, take it, but do it in love and a genuine care to help... not hurt.

I guess that's all I can think of right now. More to come tomorrow!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good stuff ven...so very true. enjoyed it bro... chuck and hope

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, I call you bro too! By the way, you practice what you preach.
    Thank you

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, I call Amy sis,lol
    WOW! Ven, that is very powerful,
    (Use every opportunity to teach, but don't be the leader that can't relate. This smells like judgment... because it is)
    thanks for putting that into words.
    Great job.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home