† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Whoah... Like, Revelation.

I started surfing again. It's been a long time, but I managed to get up a few times Saturday. It was a good feeling.
While I was out there trying not to look like a retard, I realized that there is a philosophy that can be derived from surfing.


Ready for it?
Ok.. here goes:


1st. Keep your eyes on the horizon, but keep your mind on your surroundings. You may get bumped by a shark if you're not paying attention. (personal experience speaking)

2nd. Don't just jump at the first wave you see. The better one is usually right behind the one you want.

3rd. Paddle! Two reasons... You can't just go with the current... You'll end up in the rocks. If you expect to catch a wave, you're gonna have to work for it.

4th. Balance. You must find balance or you'll spend all your time swimming instead of surfing. Balance is the key to life. Too much / not enough of this or that and you'll either be overloaded or empty.

5th. Enjoy the ride. If you spend ALL of your time focused on the little things that make up surfing, you miss the important thing... you're surfing dude! Enjoy it!

Believe it or not, this parallels life. So go back, read this again, and as Mr. Myagi says, "Go find balance Daniel-San"!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger kc page said...

    One more parallel. Us fat people have a harder time at it ;)

    kc

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I received the New Faith flyer on my door today. Curious, having grown up in the Church but not having attended for a while, I logged onto the website and clicked my way to your blog. I'm surprised a man of God would refer to looking like a "retard" and then flippantly dismiss those whose way "used to" work but isn't relevant for those with piercings, earrings, and tattoos. As a matter of fact, I'm certain that God loves those with physical and mental disabilities too ...

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I read the response from anonymous. I understand the offense you may have after reading this entry. Please don't take offense and you are correct God does love those with physical and mental disabilities. Take it from me I have them. The bible does say for us to speak justice for those that can't do it for themselves. I know Ven and he would in no way purposefully or intentionally make remarks to hurt someone. I believe he has a disability. I'm not offended; I have a disability, probably because I know Ven. Once you know Ven you will understand what I'm talking about. He would probably turn out to be your best friend. Have you read our Pastor's blog? www.newfaithcf.blogspot.com God is love.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home