† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I have decided

I officially hate my job.
This project I'm on has pushed me up to about 14-16 hours per day.
From a guy who's used to working 4-6 hours per day, this is quite a hindrance to other parts of my life.
I started working at about 8am this morning, here it is 9:22pm, and I'm still working. I don't see an end to this evening's "festivities". Maybe about 3-4am.
Then I get to start back over at 8am tomorrow.
Just a little frustrated.

So here I am, hating my job, but still realizing that it could be worse.
I could be one of those guys who shovels elephant biscuits at the circus.
No offense to elephant biscuit workers... I'm just glad I have a job I guess.
A big change happened in my company. My boss' boss and his boss were both let go along with a few fellow employees on our team. Five in all.
Thanks to God that I wasn't on that list.
So what now?
I dunno. I feel like I'm letting a lot of people down. I've made promises & commitments. I'm afraid my job is going to keep me from fulfilling them.
I feel like a bit of a failure when this happens. I've had absolutely zero personal time since Sunday evening. Since Monday morning, it's been wake up, work, go to sleep, wake back up again.
This project is supposed to last for the next few months.
So not good.
A lot of people who are depending on me deserve more than the shallow time I can offer.

I ask you... seriously... I beg you. What do I do?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger New Faith said...

    Don't hate the hands that feed you. This could be teaching you to be more aggressive at work and push others to get their stuff completed as it affects more than them. Maybe this forces you to be more focused. Don't curse the problem because for everything there is a lesson. Remember this too will pass also.

    Hey think of it this way it could be worse. You could be reading the want adds wishing you had these problems.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home