† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What are we doing?

Okay. I'm just gonna lay this all out.
Please, nobody freak out on me.

I love helping pastor a church.
I mean it. I really love it.
Watching people reach out to God and watching God grab their hand is something I'll never tire of seeing.

I love music ministry, I love sharing a Sunday morning message once in a while. I love praying with and for people. I love teaching Godly principles to people.

What I don't love is the non-people-related stuff. The hard stuff.
I don't love the "business" of church.
I don't love not knowing whether or not the rent is going to get paid.
I don't love wondering how all this ministry stuff is getting paid for.
I don't love seeing my friends give everything and then have nothing left.

It's stuff like this that makes me feel helpless.

...and alone.
I know all this stuff needs to happen.
I know the building needs to be cleaned and maintained.
I know bills need to be paid.
I just wish all this stuff were easier to manage so we could focus more on the people of New Faith and beyond.
Maybe I'm lacking in faith. Maybe I'm not depending on God enough. Maybe.
God... please remind me how You know what You're doing.
...and then remind me again.
Are you pushing me out of the nest so I can fly?
Or am I trying to fly too early?
Am I just going blind?
Lord, help me see.
Or remind me You see enough for both of us.
Either way, I'll be okay.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger jarred collins said...

    i really don't know how it feels but my parents talk about it all the time soo they go though it too but lets just do our part without doubt and GOD will do the rest

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

    thank you for posting this. i pray God's grace and strength....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home