† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Along for the ride

I may have already said this, but I've got something stuck in my head that I would like to share.
When God spoke to Moses about rescuing the Israelites, God never said, "I need you to do something for me".
God never said, "Can you do me a favor?"
He said, "I have heard the cries of my people in bondage".
He said, "I have come down to rescue them."

He then said, "So now go. I am sending you to the Pharoah to bring my people out of Egypt."
It was as if God was saying, "I'm going to do this, and I want you to go along for the ride."
I find that interesting... It's almost like God doesn't need our help.
I remember reading in the bible where God said, "If I were hungry, I wouldn't tell you".

Imagine that.

God doesn't need anything from me.
That's kind of humbling and refreshing at the same time.

At first glance, one could assume that they can go along their merry way and not worry about doing anything God says to do.
The thought of, "Well, God doesn't need me, He'll do it by Himself... I'm off the hook" may spring to mind.
Au contraire mon frair (cheezy French accent).
The truth of the matter is quite the opposite.
God is saying, "I'm involving you in this project because I want you to learn something from it".
He's also saying, "I want to bless you with something, and here's how I'm going to do it".

Honestly, how many of you have truly heard the voice of God tell you to do something and then realize it was a mistake?

Me neither.

Usually when I've tripped on the proverbial carpet like that it's because I "heard" what I wanted to hear instead of what God was saying.

Next time God wants you involved in something, hey... go for it.
Just tell Him you're on board with whatever He wants to do. You'll love the ride.

I dunno... What do you think?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

    First, you're tagged! So check out yesterday's post.

    Second, I am reminded of this idea everytime I go to pick up my puppy. (I know, it's a stretch, but hang with me.) I'm strong enough obviously to pick up (and care for and feed and snuggle with and walk and travel with) my little Hershey. But when I reach down to pick him up, sometimes he tries to "help me" by jumping up. Which he obviously doesn't need to do...I've got it all under control. And sometimes he even hurts himself because of trying to jump up (and running into me) rather than just trusting that I'll pick him up as I've done a hundred times before and take care of it all. Okay, it's a stretch, but it kind of touches on that idea of trust, reliance, faith...

     
  • At 8:34 AM , Blogger Mojo said...

    Thank you for this blog...it's a gift!

    Blessings from N. Ireland

    http://mojo-place.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home