† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Like, whoah...


This is a picture of the road to The Perfect Blend, a coffee shop we built in the front of New Faith.
I was hoping the shutter speed would be slow enough to capture the feeling of movement.

My blogger buddy, Margaret, mentioned something that got me thinking.

I know... "Great, Ven's thinking again".
So anyway, she mentioned free will in the essence, "where we're allowed to pick...either way is fine with God".
I can really think about that for a long time and probably get different thoughts, but the one I'm thinking right now is that she's right.
Notice she didn't say, "God doesn't care", but rather, "either way is fine".
I think God probably trusts us to make good decisions sometimes. After you've been around in this world a while, you start to catch on about certain things...
  • Fire burns (fire bad!!)
  • Coffee tastes better with sugar and cream
  • Summer in Florida is hot
  • Slap somebody, you'll probably go to jail.
  • Love someone unconditionally, they'll probably love you back.
  • Shut up and listen, you'll probably learn something.
Granted, there's more than this, but you get the gist.
I think we reach a point in some of our decisions that God is okay with whatever path we take because He knows it'll still get us where He wants us.
I don't think this is one of those, "I've figured it all out" things... Instead, it's a, "Good job kid" type of thing.
We still have lots to learn, but God wants to let us know we're at least on the right road from time to time.
I just started thinking about my sons... the year they each decided they didn't need me to walk them to the bus stop anymore.
It was that same year I realized they were right.
If I contort myself just right, I can still see their feet under the tree, but I'm far enough away so that I'm not in the way.
Hmm. I'm going to stop there and think some more.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home