† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Your name here.

9:20pm and I'm settling in for the night.
I helped Cameron study for his tests tomorrow. I'm sure he'll do fine. He really knew the material. That's good. I think the time he spent with my sister really helped.
I'm glad my JJ is back in my life.
I mean, she's always been in my life, but now she's a bigger part of it than she's ever been. She's getting involved in something I'm involved in.
It's as if we're partners again.

I have to say, I don't have much memory of when I was a kid, (don't get me started) but all the memories of my sister were good ones.
She means more to me than I can ever express to her.
By the way, the eye picture isn't supposed to be creepy, it's supposed to represent a vision for people and community.
Pastor Chuck talked about our vision for 2006. He's very excited about it. His excitement really stirred a lot of people.
In a nutshell, our vision for 2006 is to "Re-draw the Christian Faith".

Me like... A lot.

I spent some time with Joe today. Finally met his dad. The funny thing was that we met in a Denny's. Not that Denny's is funny, but that I was offering some advice on stuff, and people from other tables were kinda leaning in to listen. They weren't eavesdropping to see what was going on, but they were genuinely interested in the advice that was being given.
It reminded me of that old E.F. Hutton commercial.

I told them not to feed the ego...

Do I blog to often? I guess not. Besides, this is for me... Not an audience.

I'm going to take all the services I have on video and burn the audio to mp3. I can then put them on the church website. This way, if someone misses a Sunday, they can still hear the message. I think it's better than DVD because the video is still poor (lighting & such).

Plus, if someone walks in front of the camera, you won't be able to hear it. ; )~

Well, I'm gonna get ready for bed. Long day tomorrow (I think).
Gonna start running again. Ugh.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Its way after the fact that I am reading this. But I have a burning question. I was going to post when I first read this but.. I held off. Now I really am curious. What did you think of Joe's dad? Not that it really matters, its just a question.

    Debbie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home