† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Lead...

Come and take my hand and lead
Come and pour the oil over me
And humbly I will bow my knee
Oh let your love fall down

When I fail you comfort me
Wipe the tears from my face
Then you lead me beside Still waters of grace
Restore my soul And lead

Come and steal my pride away
Come and promise me you'll stay
Then goodness and love will follow me
All the days of my life
- Matt Brouwer (Lead)


There's something about this song. It haunts my very soul.
Very few songs can do that. I love music. Music speaks to me. Music inspires me. But its a rare song that has such a profound effect on me.

I heard this song as background music to a video and had to find it.
I then used Rhapsody (woohoo!) to find the song and listened to it over and over again until I could play it.
I had to stop playing and consider the lyrics.
This song is basically a re-write of the 23rd Psalm:

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil:

For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil;
My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.


When I think of this Psalm, and the song for that matter, it reminds me that
God loves ME.
Not us collectively... but me individually.
I mean, He does love us all, but He's taken time to love me personally.

Growing up, I had no father figure to look up to. I hated it.
I had no brothers around to protect me. I hated that more than anything.
However, had I known God then like I know Him now, I would have realized that He was there as my Father and my Brother.
I can't possibly fathom how much love He has for me, but I know it's a lot more than I'll ever need.

I wish I could say something inspiring and uplifting, but I'm stuck thinking about how much God loves me right now.

I'm sure you'll understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home