† in His grip

Just the musings of a guy trying to get it right. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Friday, January 13, 2006

This one's gonna raise some eyebrows

That's my 7-year old son Josh in his cool pose.
Man... I'm going to have to lock him in the house once girls notice how cute he is. He's so lovable too. He's gonna have girls clawing each other's eyes out over him.

On to the topic du jour.
I have a question...
Are my thoughts evolving or degenerating?
I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as "being in" or "being out" of the will of God.

Jump into my mind for a second.
Just watch out for that shaved monkey in the corner playing backgammon with the rhino in a tutu. He's grouchy.

If I were God, and I created and knew everything, I would know exactly what mistakes my creation was going to make.
In my simple little mind, that makes perfect sense.

Now, if I knew every step and mistake my creation was going to make, being that I am a loving God, I would put help guide my creation by placing obstacles and choices in their path to help them grow in my love. Since I'm God, I already know what choice they're going to make. They still have free will, but since I'm God, I've already seen the choices they're going to make.

Now don't jump on the "That's predestination" train. Predestination means we have no choice.
Think of it as our lives are being documented day by day, moment by moment. Now, understand that God is outside of what we call time. He sees past/present/future as one thing kinda like watching a parade from 1000 feet up. It all moves as one and you see it all
He's already read the book from cover to cover. No... he wrote it. Well, something like that.

Where was I? Oh yeah. He knows what choices we're going to freely make and He's already provided for their consequences, both good and bad.

With me so far?
Good.

John 10:27-28 shows this clearly... No one can pluck us from God's hand. Not even us.
There is nothing I can do to make God love me more, or less for that matter.
If this is so, then I find it hard to believe that I have the amazing ability to leap out of God's will.

I mean... I can't even get to the gym twice a week, let alone out-will God Himself.

I believe that people can ignore God's love.
I believe that people can ignore each other's love too.

But I no longer believe that people can "run away" from God.
Perfect example is Jonah. He tried... didn't get him far. Just got him hocked up like a fish-loogie on a beach.
yuk.

Maybe I'm over simplifying this whole "me and God" thing.

Or am I?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger New Faith said...

    Hey Buddy.
    I think I can get with what you are thinking. The rough part is we are trying to ask questions about a mystery that doesn't make since and we may never know till heaven.

    Even an attempt to answer these questions could result in an incorrect answer.

    We will always find ourself asking these questions. It is one of those times. Then then when you think you have the answerr you realize you need to ask another question.

    That's God he is just layers and layers of truth. That's why god is true. If he were a lie thne I think we would be able to finalize everything.

    Later. - chuck

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home